student visa

There’s no way to sugar coat it – as of January this year, the UK has officially left the European Union. Whilst this may mean different things for different people, for UK students, it means the process for studying in France has become a whole lot more complicated. But don’t worry – we are here to help! With teams in the UK and France, Davron Translations will help you at every step of the way so that you can successfully apply to study at a French university and truly enjoy everything the country has to offer.

So, how has the admission process changed?

If you apply to start studying in France in the 2021/2022 academic year, the admissions’ policies will remain the same! For those of you applying for a 1st year course as part of a Bachelor’s Degree (Licence), you will need to head on over to the Parcoursup platform. For other Bachelor’s (Licence), Master’s, and Doctorate programmes though, you can just apply to your chosen institution directly. After you have done this, you will have to complete the Etudes en France (Study in France) process before completing a long-stay visa application.



Okay, but what about fees?


As of the start of the 2021/2022 academic year, UK students will be treated the same as students from other non-EU countries. This means that you will have to pay different tuition fees when attending public institutions of higher education governed by the French Ministry of Higher Education. The good news, however, is that because of this, you will be able to take advantage of the same exemptions established by host institutions and the French Embassy in the UK. 

My bags are packed, my fees have been paid, and I am ready to go. Can I just move across the Channel?


Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. For those of you who move to France after the transition period (i.e. 1 January 2021), you will have to apply for a long-stay visa before applying for a residency permit at your local Prefecture.  For you guys who have been studying in France since 31 December 2020, you have to apply for a residency permit (tire de séjour) via You will have to complete this before 1 July 2021. If you missed that date, you still have until September 30th (the application remains online until that date). The bottom line is: you must possess a residency permit as of 1 October 2021. 

This all sounds great, but what about health insurance?


Whether through a ski injury in the Alps or a fall on a night out in Paris, as a UK student living in France, you can still be covered. If you have been studying in the country since before 31 December 2020, health insurance coverage and its terms and conditions will remain the same. However, you will need to present your new ‘post-Brexit’ European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with the ‘FR’ country code on it. For those of you who have been studying or plan on studying at a French university after the transition period (i.e. as of 1 January 2021), you can also continue to use your European Health Insurance Card. In addition to this, the Trade and Cooperation Agreement will apply to you. This includes student health care coverage similar to that of the European Social Security Coordination Regulations. 

How can we help?

Look – we know that all of this is a lot to take in. A couple of years ago you could’ve simply applied and been abroad in St. Tropez or Bordeaux just like that. But that’s why we are here to help. At Davron Translations, we offer complete services for student visas and legalization documents and have worked in this field for many years allowing us to provide reliable, high-quality assistance. Our qualified translation team can translate all your grade transcripts, diplomas, and certificates as well as attestations  to help you integrate seamlessly into your chosen school.


It’s 2021. No one has time to sit around waiting for a quote for a translation. That’s why we have created an Instant Quote tool on our website. You can upload your documents and get a free, automatic quote which saves you time and effort!


And, if you’re worried about speaking to French officials or employees at your local Prefecture, we can also help you out! We offer various Interpretation packages – this means we can interpret any conversations or meetings you may have so that you aren’t left muddled when it comes to your own visa application!


Trust us, we know all too well that applying to schools in France and moving over there has become much more complicated since Brexit. However, we want to help you along this process, so that you are never left in the dark or confused. Instead, we want to make sure that you understand and can complete the administrative requirements necessary for you to make the most out of your studies in France!





Top Posts

Join our newsletter

The new translation

Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Learn more about the platform

Customer Reviews



Copyright©Davron Translations 2010-2020

Let's Work Together!

Subscribe to our newsletter to
receive helpful information & special offers!

Real time management